Around 25 kilometers from Panaji, in the village of Bandode, lies the temple of Lord Naguesh. The area surrounding the temple is known as Nagueshi and lies just 800 meters from Farmagudi on the way to Ponda.
There is a stone plaque near the temple, dating back to 1413, which describes the donation of surrounding lands to the temple by a local family. This was in the reign of Veer Pratap Devraya of the Vijayanagar kingdom. There are stone idols of Shiv-Paravati and Ganesh inside the temple which actually date back to the seventh and eight century which has led to the conjecture of the temple being in existence since that time.
Thus, unlike most temples in the area, the Naguesh Temple has been in existence in its original location for centuries. However, the present day building is a recent construction having been renovated and patched up around the year 1880.
The temple is dedicated to Lord Naguesh, who was known as Nagnath in ancient times. Lord Naguesh is another incarnation of Lord Shiva. Worth noting at the temple, are the colourful images of gods and goddesses around the base of the deepstambha (lamp tower).
The temple has a magnificent ancient tali (water reservoir) surrounded by palms. The reservoir is built in such a way that standing at a certain location around the tali, a person can view the reflection of the idol of Lord Naguesh and the lighted lamps in the inner sanctum.