The Directorate of Industries, Trade and Commerce is concerned with the promotion, development and regulation of industries in the State of Goa.
Mission /Vision Statement:
- Sustainable employment for the people of Goa, without impacting cultural identity;
- Environmentally sustainable industrial development to be ensured while accelerating investment in the State;
- Existing industry in Goa to be competitive;
- Infrastructure enablers to be available and reliable;
- Governance structure that is transparent, seamless and pro-active.
- Providing guidance for policies in other investment areas from primary sector, and for creation of the institutional framework for facilitating investment Promotion Board/Government of Goa on an ongoing basis.
- To promote Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises/Industries thereby creating sustainable employment opportunities mainly for the people of Goa.
- To make the process of investment simple and quick through a transparent Investor-Government interface.
- Facilitate approvals for investors to set up their unit in Goa.
- To provide incentives to industries.