The Mormugao Planning & Development is a Statutory Body formulated under the Town & Country Planning Board and the main functions of the Authority are as specified under the Town & Country Planning Act, 1974.
Major functions and powers of the Planning & Development Authority are to prepare the following :
(1) An existing Land Use Map;
(2) An Outline Development Plan;
(3) A Comprehensive Development Plan;
(4) Prescribe use of land within its area;
(5) Schemes of development and undertake their implementation;
(6) Regulate the development under Sections 44, 52, 53 and other matters, as per the provisions of the Town & Country Planning Act;
(7) Issue of Development Permission as per the Planning & Development Authority (Development Plan) Regulations.