The Government of Goa in 1986 to promote, guide and regulate Technical and Institutions in the State of Goa created Directorate of Technical Education. The Mission of the Directorate of Technical Education is to:
- Facilitate provision of State-of-Art quality education and training in all areas of Technical and Technician education.
- Develop strong linkages with industries to ensure relevance and effectiveness of our products.
- Promote organization of continuing and Non-Formal Education Programs to serve the needs of society.
- Encourage the generation of revenue by institutions and its utilization for institutional development.
- Promote entrepreneurship development.
- Promote awareness and benefits of Technical Education in rural areas and facilitate transfer of Technology.
- Facilitate continuous staff development.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration among the various institutions in the State.
- Collaborate with national and international organizations committed to excellence in Technical Education.