The North Goa Planning & Development is a Statutory Body formulated under the Town & Country Planning Board and the main functions of the Authority are as specified under the Town & Country Planning Act, 1974.
Major functions and powers of the Planning & Development Authority are to prepare the following :
(1) An existing Land Use Map;
(2) An Outline Development Plan;
(3) A Comprehensive Development Plan;
(4) Prescribe use of land within its area;
(5) Schemes of development and undertake their implementation;
(6) Regulate the development under Sections 44, 52, 53 and other matters, as per the provisions of the Town & Country Planning Act;
(7) Issue of Development Permission as per the Planning & Development Authority (Development Plan) Regulations.
(8)17A.Prohibition on cutting of hilly land and filling up of low lying land etc..
The jurisdiction of North Goa Planning & Development Authority, comprises of Villages of Arpora-Nagao-Parra,Part areas of Canca,Guirim,Kamurlim and Colvale,Calangute,Candolim,Area under Corporation Of The City Of Panjim,Area under Mapusa Municipal Council and Baga area of Arpora village.
The Member Secretary is appointed as the First Appellate Authority and the Planning Assistant is appointed as the Public Information Officer of this Authority.
For More Details : Right to Information
For More Details : Right To Information