The Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) was established as an independent entity on 8th December 1980 after integration of the Mental Hospital which was functioning under the Directorate of Health Services since July 1957 and the Department of Psychiatry of the Goa Medical College functioning since 1968.
The IPHB was shifted from Altinho, Panaji to a newly built 190 bedded premises admeasuring 27.6 Hect. of land on 28th May 2001, in close proximity with the tertiary care hospital of Goa Medical College, Bambolim Goa.
At present bed strength of the Hospital is 190. The IPHB primarily seeks to provide preventive, curative and rehabilitative mental health services.
The vision of this Institute is to impart quality psychiatric services to all sections of the society and further improve the mental health in the State.
The main objectives of setting up of this Institute were:
Click here to view: Orders & Circulars
For More Details : Right To Information