Established in the year 2014, Goa Investment Promotion and Facilitation Board (Goa-IPB) has been mandated by the Government of Goa for promoting and facilitating investments in the State of Goa. The board provides and/or facilitates approvals from the Government of Goa and its entities and also provides assistance in obtaining clearances from the Central Government or its entities.
Goa – IPB is empowered to oversee and direct the Directorate of Industries, Trade and Commerce (DITC), Goa Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC), Goa Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (GTDC), Economic Development Corporation Ltd. (EDC), Infotech Corporation Goa Ltd. (ITG) and other concerned bodies towards speedy processing of investment proposals and investor facilitation.
The roles of the Goa IPB can be summarized as follows:
1. Review (approval/rejection) of all investment proposals as per the Goa Investment policy
2. Draft approval process, guidelines and standard operating procedures for new investments. Reviewing and modifying these processes on an ongoing basis
3. Appoint and manage the satellite expert consultant
4. Facilitate approvals for investors to set up their units in Goa
5. Promote Goa as an investment destination nationally and internationally
6. Provide feedback and suggest interventions to the Government of Goa on investment climate and policy and regulatory environment on an ongoing basis
7. Identify infrastructure gaps hindering investment growth in Goa on an ongoing basis and suggesting short, medium and long-term rolling plans to the Government to bridge the gaps
8. Provide dispute and grievance redressal for investors.
Till date Goa-IPB has been responsible for approval of more than 150 major investment projects in the state of Goa.
For More Details : Right To Information
For More Details : Click Here For Department Website