Department Of Environment & Climate Change
The Department of Environment has been functioning independently since 2018 (27/06/2018) after bifurcation of Dept of Science, Technology & Environment (DST&E) which was established in the year 1983 as a Secretariat Administrative Department at Panaji, and is now located in Porvorim.
The Department is headed by the Director who is also the ex-officio Joint Secretary to the Government. The Department implements environmental projects relevant to the State, and enforcement of “environmental protection/pollution control” laws. The mandate of the Department is executed through various statutory and non-statutory agencies/authorities.
- Promotion of appropriate environmental projects relevant to the needs of the State.
- Implementation of environmental awareness drives.
- Publications of papers, brochures and books etc. relevant to Environment.
- Administration of statutory and advisory bodies on S &T and Environment.
- Drafting of environmental legislations proposed by the Government.
- Nodal Agency to implement ‘State/Central’ Acts/Legislations on environment and pollution control through the respective enforcement authorities.
- The Mandate of the Department is to take the State of Goa in the forefront of sustainable development through the applicability of modern Science and Technology coupled with judicious environmental management to conserve the rich ecology of Goa.
- The motto is to achieve development through conservation.
The Department is executed through various statutory and non-statutory agencies/authorities listed below :-
- Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB);
- Goa Coastal Zone Management Authority (GCZMA)
- Goa State Biodiversity Board (GSBB);
- Goa Environment Protection Council (GEPC);
- Goa State Environment Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA);
- Goa State Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC);
- Goa State Wetland Authority (GSWA);(GSBB staff)
- Goa State Level Steering Committee for Climate Change;(GSBB staff)
Shri. Eleuterio D. Fernandes
Assistant Accounts Officer / Head of Office (Environment & Climate Change)
4th floor, Dempo Towers, Patto, Panaji – Goa
Shri. Narayan Talavnekar
Lower Division Clerk
4th floor, Dempo Towers, Patto, Panaji - Goa.
Shri Satish Sawant
Head Clerk/Public Information Officer
Department of Environment and Climate Change ,4th Floor Dempo Towers,Patto - Panaji - 403 511.
For More Details : Right To Information
Designated Officers as ‘Authority’ for Maintenance of Ambient Air Quality in respect of Noise under said Rules
English (916 KB)
Terms and Conditions for issue of Permission For Festive Occasion under Noise Rules 2022
English (505 KB)
World Environment Day-2021
English (1 MB)
Vision Document By Department Of Environment & Climate Change
English (109 KB)
Vision Document 2020
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.