The Employment Exchange essentially works as a link between the employers and the job seekers. This Directorate is having two Employment Exchanges located at Panaji and Margao respectively. Both these exchanges have been computerized where registration, renewal and submissions are done on the computer.
- Employment Exchange renders free service. No fee is charged for any service rendered by the employment Exchange.
- Employment Exchange does not provide jobs. It helps to sponsor the names of candidates registered against the vacancies notified to the Employment Exchange. The names are sponsored according to the qualification, experience and seniority on the Live Register of the exchanges.
- The Candidate should bring the identity cards (Registration card) whenever he/she visits the Employment Exchange.
- The candidate should quote the registration and the N.C.O. number whenever any application sent to Employment Exchange.
- It is in the interest of the applicant to renew the registration card in due time. If the registration card is not renewed the registration card stand lapsed.
- The registration card is to be renewed after three years. A registration card can be renewed in person or as well as through a messenger. In case of renewal through messenger a written authority is required. Renewal can be affected on any day during the month of registration and within 60 days of i.e. during the grace period.
- The registration card should not be sent for renewal by post.
- Please keep in mind that the registration card will be cancelled if:
i) The applicant fails to respond consecutively on two occasions “call letter”
ii) he applicant fails to report to the employer where the name was sponsored.
iii) The applicant refused the offer of appointment after selection.
- The candidate visiting the Employment Exchange is advised to visit the Vocational Guidance Section of the Employment Exchange and consult the officer who will guide and help you in ascertaining your employability. In this section information regarding careers and admissions in various training Institutions is available which will enable you to choose the appropriate career.
- The Vocational Guidance Section delivers career talks in Schools.
- The Vocational Guidance Section undertakes review of old cases.
- The Vocational Section organises Group discussions/registration guidance etc. to applicants visiting the Employment Exchange for registration for employment assistance.
- The Vocational Guidance Section also provides individual information.