This fort is situated 4km north of Pomburpa, alongside the Mapusa river near the village of Aldona. It was built in 1705 by the Portuguese.Built in 1705, the fort has a rather interesting story set in it. One Ursula e Lancastre, an ambitious Portuguese woman determined to succeed in a man’s world, dressed like one and travelled the world, eventually landing up here as a soldier. Finally, her secret was discovered when she was captured and stripped. But the woman was in a different league – she ended up marrying the captain of the guard.