• Must be a Citizen of India.
• Must have attained 18 years of age as on 1st January of that year.
• Must be an ordinary resident of the area where he/she wishes to enroll his/her name.
There are two ways of getting one's name registered in the Electoral Roll.
• During the door-to-door campaign by the authorised Government functionaries, which is done once in every 10 years, or as desired by the Election Commission of India.
• During annual revision, the date of which is published by the Election Department. In this case, the eligible person should obtain the appropriate form from the concerned Electoral Registration Officer of the locality or Polling Station, and submit the duly filled-up form to the concerned ERO or Designated Officer. Then the applicant has to present himself on the date of hearing. If everything is in order, the applicant's name is enrolled in the Electoral Roll.
In case of lodging objection/seeking deletion of name from Electoral Roll, a person can apply in Form-7 to the ERO concerned. The ERO shall call both the parties for hearing and take a decision.
In case of correction of Name, Age, Address, etc. in the voters' list, an application should be made to ERO concerned in Form-8.
In case of transposition, Form-8A is to be used. Application is to be made to the ERO concerned.
You can apply online
Online Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll [ FORM 6 ]
Online Application for Correction to particulars entered in electoral roll [ FORM 8 ]
Online Application for Objecting Inclusion or seeking Deletion of name in electoral roll [ FORM 7 ]
Online Application for transposition of entry in electoral roll [ FORM 8A ]
Track Your Application Status
Forms can be downloaded from http://ceogoa.nic.in
Form 6: Application for inclusion of name
Form 7: Application for objecting inclusion of name in or seeking deletion of name from Electoral Rolls.
Form 8: Application for correction of particulars entered in Electoral Rolls.
Form 8A: Application for transposition of entry in Electoral Rolls.
The forms have to be submitted physically or by post to the ERO concerned.
The Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the concerned Assembly Constituency.
• Proof showing age/citizenship.
• If shifted from other places, necessary proof of earlier entry in the voters' list.