About Directorate of Technical Education
Go to the Department Site
The Government of Goa in 1986 to promote, guide and regulate Technical and Institutions in the State of Goa created Directorate of Technical Education. The Mission of the Directorate of Technical Education is to:
• Facilitate provision of State-of-Art quality education and training in all areas of Technical and Technician education.
• Develop strong linkages with industries to ensure relevance and effectiveness of our products.
• Promote organization of continuing and Non-Formal Education Programs to serve the needs of society.
• Encourage the generation of revenue by institutions and its utilization for institutional development.
• Promote entrepreneurship development.
• Promote awareness and benefits of Technical Education in rural areas and facilitate transfer of Technology.
• Facilitate continuous staff development.
• Facilitate networking and collaboration among the various institutions in the State.
• Collaborate with national and international organizations committed to excellence in Technical Education.
• Promote and develop technical education in the State in a planned, integrated manner, consistent with National and State Policies.
• Plan long term and annual budget allocation for Technical Education of the State and ensure proper distribution among and within institutions and optimum utilization of funds.
• Develop need-based curricula for Diploma Programs and revise them periodically.
• Ensure standards of Technical education.
• Set appropriate standards of admission and monitor admissions.
• Support development of learning resources.
• Conduct examinations and award Diplomas.
• Disseminate the policies of government with respect to Technical education system to all stakeholders of Directorate of Technical Education.
• Monitor the standard of Institutions at regular intervals and initiate corrective measures.
• Prescribe the rules of recruitment, promotion for faculty and staff of Institutions, State Board of Technical Education and DTE and assist in the recruitment.
• Collaborate with AICTE, MHRD, NITTTR, Universities, Industries and other employer agencies and Directorates of other States.
• Support training and development of teaching faculty and facilitate redressal of staff grievances.
Directorate is also entrusted by the Govt. of Goa for carrying out the admission procedure for the benefit of the students of the State and in accordance with rules and regulations of AICTE and Councils for respective professions (Medical, Dental, Homoeopathic Architecture & Pharmacy, etc). In order to save time and energy of the candidates seeking admissions, the Directorate arranges for common prospectus and centralized admission for all professional Degree & Diploma level programmes in the State separately. It includes Degree and Diploma programmes.
Directorate also conducts Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) for admissions to First Year of Professional Degree Courses and G2CET for admission of Diploma and B.Sc Degree holders to Direct Second Year of Professional Degree Courses, in the State of Goa.