Computerization of Registration Department , Govt. of Goa / rollout of GAURI Software
The Stamps and Registration Department of a State is typically one of
the top revenue earners. Depicting the correct working of the offices to
the outside world to improve and retain its image remains a challenging
task. Stamps & Registration software provides efficient government
citizen interface, and also enables enhanced revenue earnings for the
The GAURI software designed for Registration Department allows
exchange of information securely across the offices and implements a
unique feature, electronic copying’ of the registered documents within a
few minute, thereby reducing the processing time effectively. 1t also
provides better security with saving thumb impression of the client to
append on his stamped document.
Some key features of GAURI software are:
- Thumb print for an added security.
- Scanning of registered documents and a secure document archival technique with back up facility.
- Fully integrated software covering the entire process of registration.
- Generation of all types of reports (periodical, miscellaneous) at all levels in the department's hierarchy.
- Quick services to the citizens relating to search reports, registration and certified copies of the registered documents.
- Search on documents like index II available to clients on request.
- Quick and efficient registration leading to same day registration and return of original documents.
- Auto calculation of applicable stamp duty and Registration Fees.
- Transparency in government office work flow.
The GAURI software covers wide range of functions performed by the officials through a friendly interface:
- Document Registration: Performs work of registration considering the original 5 step procedure of The Registration act.
- Reports: Generates Reports such as Daily reports, Index, Books, and Monthly Statements.
- Marriage Registration: Registration of Marriages.
- Scan-Archival: Performs scanning of registered documents with
various images clean up features and secure archival, search of
electronic images of documents on CD.
- Registration of Societies and firms.
GAURI application suite is base on windows based client/server
architecture. Technologies used are: Visual Basic 6.0, Windows 2003
Operating system, Ms SQL 2000 or MS SQL 2005 as RDBMS.
Benefits to Dept. of Registration:
- A major part of time consuming and error prone writing work will
reduce and registration process will be faster, easier and highly
- Mundane chores of writing reports like Day book,
- Day end amount reconciliation Periodic reports,
- Pending document information, etc. will be taken care of by the computer.
- Swift recovery and impound because of instant access to data, resulting in improved revenue for the department.
- Greater control of administrative authorities over lower offices In their jurisdiction.
- The GAURI software has been rolled out successfully at Sub-Registrar
office (SRO) Mapusa on 10/07/2010 and is bieng used day today basis.
- The Software has been also replicated successfully at the SRO Margao and
SRO Panaji and the same was inaugurated at the hands of Hon'ble Chief
05/11/2009 and 18/11/2010 respectively.
- SRO Quepem, Valpoi, Pernem, Canacona, Mormugao, District Registrar
office South Goa and North Goa are taken on priority and will be
computerized by the end of this financial year.
Nodal Officer from Department of Information Technology
Shri. Sagar G. Gurav
Department of Information Technology
email id : sagar.gurav[@]nic.in
Phone No: 0832-2411509/2411505 Ext: 228